Steps to Pre-Register for Prekindergarten and/or Kindergarten for the 2021-22 School Year
STEP 1: Check Pre-K qualifications (if Kindergarten, go to STEP 2)
A child who is at least 4 years old on September 1, 2020 is eligible for the pre-K program under one of the following requirements (4-year-olds are eligible for FULL DAY pre-K at Fuller Elementary School:
- is unable to comprehend the English language (testing required); or
- is educationally disadvantaged (which means a student eligible to participate in the free or reduced lunch program...guidelines can be found here); or
- is homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 1143a, regardless of residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child’s guardian or other person having lawful control of the child; or
- Is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United State, including state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- is the child of a member of armed services of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (foster care) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code; or
- is a child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as: a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
If your child may qualify for pre-K at Fuller Elementary School, go to STEP 3:
STEP 2: Check AISD elementary attendance zones to verify which campus your child who will be FIVE on September 1, 2020 will attend.
Click this link for Elementary Attendance Zones Information
STEP 3: Complete the Google Form
To complete the online preregistration process, you will complete this form:
Or open your camera app and scan:
STEP 4: Registration Packets will be emailed or physically mailed based on answers received in Google Doc.
Families will have the option of having a registration packet mailed to them, emailed, or picked up from the home elementary campus. Registration is not complete until completed packets have been returned to Aubrey ISD.
STEP 5: Families complete and fill registration packets with the required information
Packets can be returned in 3 ways:
- Families can scan the completed registration packet and send the scanned copy to the campus principal’s aubreyisd.net email account:
Fuller Elementary School, Kari Abrams, email@example.com
Monaco Elementary School, Barbara Pitt, firstname.lastname@example.org
Brockett Elementary School, Courtney Siggers, email@example.com
- Families can mail the completed registration packet to:
415 Tisdell Lane
Aubrey, Texas 76227
ATTN: *Zoned Elementary School (*name of school)
- Families can drop off the packet at their zoned elementary school.
Packet drop-off registration will be Thursday, June 24 (8 a.m. – 6 p.m.) and Thursday, July 15 (10 am – 5 p.m.).
Packets can be dropped off any time during summer office hours.