I believe that children learn best in an environment that is both loving and structured. I also believe that as all children are different, effective discipline involves enforcing a few general guidelines, rather than a long list of specific rules. Situations are dealt with as they arise, with the focus on enabling the child to grow and learn from his or her actions. Our class guidelines are:
- Behave in a way that allows everyone in the classroom AND school to learn at all times.
- Be a good listener.
- Be a good friend to others.
If a student is having difficulties following these set guidelines, I will:
- Ask questions to promote thinking and responsibility.
- Encourage students to come up with solutions to problems.
- Offer students choices within limits.
- Set clear expectations.
- Model problem solving skills.
- Apply consequences that best fit the problems of the individual students with empathy and caring.
To build self concept in my classroom, I will:
- Praise your child in a sincere manner.
- Communicate unconditional love and acceptance of each child.
- Reward individual accomplishments.
- Reward class accomplishments.
In the event that your child’s behaviors are interfering with his or her learning, or the learning of others, you will be notified by phone, email or with a note that will need to be signed and returned.
I will communicate with you as often as necessary to ensure that your child has a successful school year. I believe in strong parent-teacher communication. Please feel free to call me at 940-668-4000 or email me at email@example.com . I will check my phone and messages during my conference period, lunch and after school.
My ultimate goal is to educate all students and provide an environment conducive to learning for everyone. With your support I will be able to teach and help your child reach his or her potential. Thank you in advance for your support!