Letter to Aubrey ISD Parents on March 12
Dear Aubrey ISD families,
We want to let our families know of resources and information regarding COVID-19 and make you aware of measures we are taking to combat the potential spread of viruses. As we all are aware, the situation is evolving quickly.
We want to assure you that Aubrey ISD is maintaining communication with Denton County Public Health and the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) regarding any updates or information. Aubrey ISD follows recommended guidelines provided by the Texas Department of Health Serves, the Centers for Disease Control and the Denton County Health Department. In the event that we receive critical information from the CDC, TDSHS or Denton County Health Department that impacts our schools, we will communicate that with you.
We are taking preventive measures with an additional deep cleaning at all campuses on Friday, March 13 including buses. An electrostatic sprayer is being used to disinfect all schools and classrooms as done two times previously this school year. Additionally, our custodial staff will continue their daily disinfectant procedures and ensure that all frequently used surfaces are sanitized daily. Our school staff will be reinforcing messages for students regarding regular hand-washing and the suggested way to cover a cough or sneeze.
- If your child is sick, keep them home.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when you cough or sneeze.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.