About Mrs. Jackie Fuller
Jackie Fuller Elementary is named after Mrs. Jackie Fuller, who served Aubrey students for 21 years as an elementary, middle school and high school teacher. Mrs. Fuller’s life’s work was the education of children, and she made a huge difference in hundreds of students’ lives.
Mrs. Fuller taught for 30 years, spending 21 years at Aubrey ISD from 1974-95. She started her teaching career at Keller ISD after attending Texas Woman’s University in Denton.
Mrs. Fuller grew up in Aubrey and Denton and attended Aubrey and Denton ISD schools. She graduated from Denton High School in 1951 and was the class valedictorian. She graduated from TWU at age 18 in 1953 and worked for a year at the Singer Sewing Machine Company before her career in education began as a substitute teacher in Denton ISD.
At Aubrey ISD, Mrs. Fuller’s first teaching appointment was middle school U.S history. With the help of her classes, Mrs. Fuller helped open the first City of Aubrey museum in 1976.
Mrs. Fuller taught a variety of subjects over her career at Aubrey but spent numerous years teaching government and U.S. history.
After she retired, she continued to serve the community, Aubrey schools and students in a variety of ways. Mrs. Fuller is a member of the Aubrey Historical Society and worked with other members and volunteers to open the Aubrey Area Museum in 2016. She also volunteers with the Aubrey Education Foundation’s Literacy Program, reading to children several times a year at the Early Bird Learning Center.
The Jackie Fuller Elementary School sign was unveiled at the groundbreaking ceremony for the school in February 2019. Aubrey ISD Superintendent Dr. David Belding asked Mrs. Fuller to help him take the cover off the school sign, surprising her with the honor of the school name.
Jackie Fuller Elementary School opened in August of 2020.