- Aubrey ISD
Information about May 20 Graduation Ceremony
Aubrey High School will hold its graduation ceremony on Wednesday, May 20 at 8 p.m. at the Texas Motor Speedway. Please read the below information regarding tickets, parking, live streaming, dress code and other guidelines.
We are still waiting on several regalia items that have not yet arrived. Any cords, stoles, or medals that are delivered between now and next Wednesday, will be handed out at Texas Motor Speedway.
Texas Motor Speedway (TMS), will be providing admissions tickets for the graduating senior’s car, plus three additional cars for family. Tickets for the graduation ceremony can be picked up Thursday, May 14 and Friday, May 15 from 2 - 4 p.m. Families can pick up tickets at the front of the high school.
Students and parents may begin arriving no earlier than 6 p.m. Graduates need to bring their cap and gown. If you arrive prior to TMS letting cars in, there will be a staging area on the southwest corner of Lone Star Circle and Allison Ave (please see attached maps). TMS officials will be on hand to direct attendees to the appropriate areas.
All cars (student, parent, and school officials) will enter on the south end of Texas Motor Speedway. Student drivers will park on the right side, on the southwest side of the infield, while parents that drive will be directed to park on the left half of the infield, facing “Big Hoss” (please see attached maps). We ask that parents and family members stay in/with their vehicles to comply with social distancing guidelines.
Students will be directed to an indoor garage space for staging once they arrive inside the speedway. Staff will be on hand to ensure all students adhere to social distancing guidelines. Students should not congregate in close groups. All graduates will be issued a special face mask that must be worn at all times during the graduation ceremony once they arrive in the garage staging area.
All students and staff will be subject to TEA guidelines on social gatherings, including:
- Taking the student/staff member’s temperature
- Recording responses to questions regarding COVID-19 symptoms:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit
- Known close contact with a person who is lab-confirmed to have had COVID-19
Graduates will be seated on the far west side of the track, facing “Big Hoss.” In accordance with social distancing guidelines, each seat will be spaced six feet from the previous seat.
Some speaking parts for graduation will be pre-recorded and displayed on “Big Hoss”: Invocation, Pledge, Salutatorian and Valedictorian Speech, Graduation Address, and Benediction. The only portions of the graduation ceremony to be spoken live will be the presentation and certification of the Class of 2020, as well as the reading of graduates’ names.
The graduation ceremony will be live-streamed on the TMS Youtube channel. Each campus will be provided a direct link to the channel, which will be communicated to parents when received.
Click this link to access the Youtube stream
Additionally, all audio at the speedway can be heard by tuning your radio dial to channel 97.7 FM.
Graduation is a special ceremony, not only for the graduates, but also parents and family members. As such, we will continue to ask that students please wear their best clothes for graduation. Additionally, please be sure to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Hair must be a natural color
- Facial hair shaved or trimmed neatly prior to arriving
- Facial or nose piercings must be removed
- Graduation hats must not be modified or decorated
- Aubrey High School staff will not be responsible for any items brought in with the graduate to the ceremony. Due to contamination concerns, we will not provide ziploc bags to collect these items.
- Cell phones and car keys must be kept out of site during the ceremony
All graduate and parent vehicles will exit on the north end of Texas Motor Speedway by following Allison Avenue to the north exit (please see attached maps).
Other General Guidelines
- Since this is an outdoor ceremony, please ensure you and your student are properly hydrated. Water will be provided to graduates if needed.
- No beach balls
- No drones
- No tailgating:
- No barbecues/smokers
- No lawn chairs
- No alcohol
- No RVs
Click this link for more guidelines from TMS and maps