NCAA Requirements

If you wish to participate in NCAA Division I or II athletics, you need to be certified by the NCAA Eligibility Center.

You need to qualify academically and you will also need to be cleared as an amateur student-athlete.

Checklist for College-Bound Student Athletes

  • Register at the beginning of your sophomore year at

  • Ask your high school counselor to send your transcript to the NCAA Eligibility Center at the end of your junior year. Be sure to complete an Aubrey High School Transcript Request Form.

  • Take the ACT or SAT and use the code "9999" to have your official scores sent directly to the NCAA Eligibility Center.

  • Check with your high school counselor to make sure you are on track to graduate on time with your class and have the required amount of courses.

  • Request final amateurism certification during your senior year (beginning April 1).

  • Ask your high school counselor to submit your final transcript with proof of graduation. Be sure to complete an Aubrey High School Transcript Request Form.

  • Do not sign up for an online credit recovery if there is a possibility for an athletic scholarship. 

  • Are you sure that the course you are signing up to take at AHS are approved by the NCAA? Check with your school counselor for questions

Click this link for NCAA Timeline. 

For more information click this link.